18 September 2010

Avery :: DC Sessions Vol. 2


Recorded in May 2000, DC Sessions Vol. 2 is jammed packed with disco styled and deep house tracks.  However, I never distributed the mix to the house patrons of DC.  So after 10 years, here it is!  "Bushes" by Markus Nikolai starts the mix and was made famous by the San Francisco Sessions mix by Mark Farina.  It has a very cool almost eery vocal throughout.  "It's Love" by Naked Music NYC is pretty much an anthem track in my opinion.  I think that about 100% of the time when I hear it, I have to sing along.  With a deeper more tribal sound, "True House" by C&M Productions was a regular hit from coast to coast.  I can remember listening to Saeed playing it many times at the club Red in DC during his Thursday night residency.  At first glance, you may expect a certain type of track when you see "Baby Love" by Cassio in the tracklist.  However, DJ Q (Paul Flynn) definitely changes things up with a whole new take on the track. DJ Q is one of my favorite producers.  I first heard the Disko Method track on a mixed CD by DJ Michelle (Canada) I received from her at the Winter Music Conference in 2000.  Disko Method is an alias for Eddie Matos of the famed duo Mateo and Matos.  Great track I must say with an unmistakable piano loop.  Finally, I think the "Keep It Together" track by Lexicon was really slept on.  I never really heard it played out in the club scene but still today love the track.

DC Sessions Vol. 2 - May 2000

(download - 73:17 - 176mb 320kbps mp3)

1 / Markus Nikolai / Bushes / Classic
2 / House Proud People / Lonely Dancer / Cross Section
3 / Naked Music NYC / It's Love / OM
4 / Jordan Fields / Love You / Bassline
5 / Bell Bottom Convention / You Came / 4th Floor
6 / Funky Fluid / Saturday Night Flava / Physique Disques
7 / Black Legend / Relight / Rise (white)
8 / C&M Producitons / True House (amador rmx) / Deep Touch
9 / Hesohi / I Love You / Imperial Dub
10 / Sabrynaah Pope / Black Man / Slip n Slide
11 / Disko Method / Get Your Mind Together / UTC
12 / Cassio / Baby Love (DJ Q rmx) / Glasgow Underground
13 / Brady Stone / Hydra / Paradax
14 / Lexicon / Keep It Together / Plastic City
15 / Natural Rhythm / Trials of Life / UTC

No comments:

Post a Comment