07 October 2010

OTBP Vol. 008


After many months, the eighth episode of OTBP has finally arrived.  I have to say that it felt good to put this show together.  The mix ranges from deep and jazzy to upbeat and driving house tunes.  Another nice thing to note is that there are a few tracks that I produced on this mix.  The first is the OTBP 8 introduction track Fade du Bled, which is an edit of several tunes (you may recognize) that I melded into one.  Track 7 is a revision of a remix I did for Mustufa Akbar back in 2004 of his Natural High track.  Track 16 is my remix of the new track from Andre Harris called C U Movin.  I also did a small edit on the Revolution 909 track by Daft Punk.  At first glance, there are a few songs that I am really digging right now.  One Night In Tokyo by Shur-I-Kan is downright awesome.  It's the rolling, upbeat, jazzy rhythm that I love playing.  I'd die to hear that track on a killer system.  Lovebirds' My Man (Kink Remix) is very interesting as well.  It has this sort of hypnotic feel to it.  I may be late to the game but it's the first time I've heard a track by Lovebirds.  Finally, Step Right Up! by Martin Beume makes me feel like I am in a dream sequence in a smokey jazz club in the 60s.  Very cool track indeed.  I certainly hope you enjoy the show as much as I did making it.

Off The Beaten Path Vol. 008

(download - 1:44:39 - 130mb 180kbps mp3)

1 / Avery / Fade du Bled / OTBP Exclusive
2 / Mood II Swing / I Need Your Luv (Balo's Banji Mix) / Eight Ball
3 / Reel People / Alibi (DF's Out On Bail Mix) / Papa Records
4 / Mike Huckaby / Luv Time / Harmonie Park
5 / Natural Rhythm / Go Chica Go / .dotbleep
6 / John Tejada / Sucre / Palette Recordings
7 / Mustafa / Natural High (Avery's Plus Ten Remix) / OTBP Exclusive
8 / La Peña / Divino Canto / La Peña
9 / Bob Marley & The Wailers / Soul Shakedown Party (Afrodesiac Sound System Remix) / Quango
10 / Moodymann / Black Mahogany / KDJ
11 / Pépé Bradock / CU @ Minna & Lafayette / Atavisme
12 / Timmy Vegas / Call My Name (Knee Deep Dub) / Kneedeep Recordings
13 / Soul Purpose / The Nervous Track (M's Re-Play) / Soul Purpose
14 / Shur-I-Kan / One Night In Tokyo / Freerange
15 / Sandi Flores / El Rey (Noel Nanton Remix) / DNH
16 / Andre Harris / C U Movin (Avery's Double F Remix) / OTBP Exclusive
17 / Bryan Jones / Chicago Jack / Control Recordings
18 / Mike Grant / The Struggle Of My People (Mr. G's There's Hope Mix) / Moods & Grooves
19 / The Brand New Heavies / Close To You (Old School Hard Core Dub) / FFRR
20 / Synchrojack / End Of The Road (KDJ Mix '96) / Deep Transportation
21 / Basement Jaxx / Slide Slide / Atlantic Jaxx
22 / Daft Punk / Revolution 909 (Avery's Intro Edit) / Virgin
23 / Nick Holder / Friday Nite At Movement / DNH
24 / Lovebirds / My Man (Kink Remix) / Freerange
25 / Martin Beume / Step Right Up! / Outils Du Connaisseur
26 / Slater Hogan, Luke Sardello, No Assembly Required / Episodes In Jazz / Aroma
27 / 3 Chairs / All Over / Three Chairs

1 comment:

  1. this mix is stupid good, the first 2 songs set the mood and i'm not sure how you did this sober. i haven't listened to your edit of Mustafa's joint but you got serious balls to pull off songs 6-8, it sounds like multiple decks and somehow at the end it's so smooth. props! the latter end of the mix had me mellowed out, 008 is definitely in the iPod rotation tho.

    ReplyDelete