04 November 2010

Avery :: Live @ The Battery 88.1FM WMUC


This is a live recording from a set I did at 88.1FM WMUC "The Battery".  It had been about 3 years since my last radio show at the station and I was asked to come do a guest set by host Mike Fiorita.  Around this time I had been experimenting in my sets by mixing it up with all kinds of genres instead of the straight forward house or lounge set.  I started this mix with some funk, moved on to some jazzy lounge, worked my way into deep house, then to some broken beat, and finally ended with some jazz.  Anyhow, the quality of the archive isn't as nice as I'd like but it'll have to do.

Live @ The Battery - 11.21.03

[download - right-click (PC) or CTRL-click (Mac) > 'Save As']
[subscribe in iTunes]

01. Billy Brooks | Fourty Days | Music-Dex
02. The Vibrations | Shake it Up | Chess
03. Chakachas | Jungle Fever | Polydor
04. Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra | Che Che Colé | Daptone
05. Olayton & Fulcrum | Soul Fan | Om
06. Dizzy Gillespie | Mateca (funky lowlives rmx) | Verve
07. Esc | Hard to be Patient | Seminal Emissions
08. The Procussions | Leave Her Alone | Procussion Sound
09. Sun & Soul Shades | Goldmine | DNH
10. Freaky Afronaught | Playon' On My Bone-a-Phone | Fair Park
11. Pepe Bradock & Michelle Weeks | Distorted Echos | KIF
12. DJ Vitamin D | It's The Shit | Look At You
13. Ciudad Feliz | Your So Nice | Silver
14. Pepe Bradock | 18 Carat | KIF
15. Raw Deal | Blues For Brother | (white)
16. DJ Cam Sound System | I'm A Rasta | Inflamable
17. Nina Simone | True Messengers | (white)
18. Al Green | Love & Happiness (Magnetic West Remix) | (white)
19. Funkanova | Wood, Brass and Steel | Jazz Funk

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to kill you!!! Yo, I've been looking for the first song for a decade or two now. I knew it was Billy something. DAMN. This is the perfect song, imo. Everything about it works, and the solo's have been running through my mind sometimes 30-40 times a day. Not joking.

    Reeeewind....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I know how it is to be on the never ending hunt for a track!

    ReplyDelete