13 November 2010

Moodymann :: Live Radio Nova


This edition of the guest mixes brings us one of my favorite producer/djs: Kenny Dixon Jr. aka Moodymann.  I've been collecting this man's music since 1995 and I have yet to be disappointed.  His mysterious hypnotic style of production with a signature Detroit sound is unique and unmistakable.  I could go on and one about how much I really love his music but instead I want to share this mix from 1995 when he played live at Radio Nova in Paris.  From beginning to end it is pure KDJ goodness.  For those that aren't very familiar with him, sit back relax and prepare to be blown away.  For the rest of us, it's time to enjoy what we know is coming.

Live Radio Nova Paris - 1995

[download - right-click (PC) or CTRL-click (Mac) > 'Save As']
[subscribe in iTunes]

[00:00] Marvin Gaye | Distant Lover (Live Version) [Motown]
[02:00] Moodymann | I Can't Kick This Feelin When It Hits [KDJ 6]
[09:00] Moodymann | Yesterdays [KDJ 5]
[14:30] IO | Claire [Mo Wax Excursions]
[19:55] House Of Jazz | Lose My Mind [Urgent Music Works]
[23:00] Moodymann | Midnight (I Like To Know) [Soul City]
[30:30] Sade | Surrender Your Love (Kenny Larkin & Stacey Pullen Remix) [Illegal Detroit]
[39:30] House To House | Taste My Love [Police]
[40:25] House Of Jazz | Hold Your Head Up [Urgent Music Works]
[45:00] Jump Cutz | Welcome To The Disco
[49:30] Blue Boy | Sandman
[53:00] Theo Parrish | Lake Shore Drive [Elevate]
[58:00] Marvin Gaye | Got To Give It Up
[59:00] Moodymann | I Can't Kick This Feelin When It Hits (Outro) [KDJ 6]

2 comments:

  1. big ups for this! really miss this mix, glad you found out the House Of Jazz song too, droppies?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this mix brings back many memories!!! a definite road trip gem.

    ReplyDelete