28 December 2010

Alexander Barck (Jazzanova) :: Live @ La Paillote, Italy


This is a live mix from Alexander Barck of Jazzanova and Sonar Kollektiv. Now Jazzanova needs no introduction.  I have been a huge fan of their music for years and years.  They are masters and remixing and original production.  If you have the time, I highly suggest you take a look at their discography.  You'll find gem after gem.  I've never heard Alexander Barck spin before but after listening this mix, I'm a believer.  The mix starts out pretty deep and I believe it may even have a sample of Bruce Springsteen song (go figure).  A little further in, it enters into a hip-house type track followed by something a bit synthpop-ish.  The vocals throughout the mix are very nice.  In fact it's refreshing to hear some deep house with full on vocals that aren't über-cheesy. About halfway into the mix, he drops Jaydee's Plastic Dreams.  Two things regarding this song:  first it is still a classic.  It was originally released in 1992 and blew me away the first time I heard it.  The second thing is that for whatever reason I have been running across this song a lot lately.  Maybe it's coincidence but it's sort of like when you learn a new word, you are bound to hear it often.  After Plastic Dreams, the mix continues its lovely ways and dives into a techy vibe.  It finally ends with some disco goodness.  My final word is that it gets two thumbs up and deserves a listen.

Live @ La Paillote, Cagliari, Italy - June 25, 2010

[download - right-click (PC) or CTRL-click (Mac) > 'Save As']
[subscribe in iTunes]

No comments:

Post a Comment