12 December 2010

OTBP Vol. 009 "Summer Comes Early"


It's been about 2 months since this last episode of OTBP.  This one is the shortest one I've done and it is without any commentary.  I made it with the mix cd in mind for those of you who wish to burn it to an 80 minute disc.  

It starts off with a couple older tracks and one of my personal favorites Searchin' by 33 ⅓ Queen, who is DJ Mandrill from my hometown of DC.  When I did a little research I found out that it samples Searchin' For Some Lovin' by Debbie Trusty and A Guy Called Gerald's Blow Your House Down. Throughout the next several tracks the energy picks up quite a bit.  Another jammin' track I still love that I brought out of retirement for this mix is My House by Aaron Carl.  While the original mix is the most famous, I love this dub.  Tracks number 8 & 9 bring a techie feel to the mix and an old school Roland TB-303 acid line.  I have to give credit to LBS for turning me on to Solid Groove and specifically Won't Stop on track 12.  For those of you who want a trip in the way back machine, check out House Nation.  It was originally released in 1986.  Speaking of giving credit, I definitely have to give a shout out to Johnson for showing me Kelly G's Go Down Moses.  It's a very cool vocal house track.  The last four tracks bring the vibe to a deeper level.  Hope you enjoy.  

I have some other good news… I located the missing OTBP episode 5 and will be posting it soon.

OTBP Vol. 009 "Summer Comes Early"

[download - right-click (PC) or CTRL-click (Mac) > 'Save As']
[subscribe in iTunes]

01_ Rick Wilhite | Roots Of Detroit (Revise)
02_ 33 ⅓ Queen | Searchin'
03_ Surrealism | So Much
04_ Juan MacLean | Planets (The Revenge Lost Groove)
05_ David Ospina | People (Main Mix)
06_ Funky People | Funky People feat. Cassio Ware (MAW Mix)
07_ Aaron Carl | My House (Dub O'Funk)
08_ Cappio Bros. | Caffeine 4 Daze
09_ CSY & Stripes | Somethin'
10_ Havana Cultura | Afrodisia (Rainer Trüby Remix)
11_ Rene Amesz | Corlander
12_ Solid Groove | Won't Stop
13_ Martin Beume | Slowly But Steady
14_ The Housemaster Boyz | House Nation
15_ Rick Wilhite | What Do You See (Ricky's Groove Mix)
16_ Giggs | Talking The Hardest (DJ Q Remix)
17_ Paperclip People | Throw
18_ Phonic Funk & Teika | Remember When
19_ Robert Owens | I'll Be Your Friend (Def Instrumental)
20_ Kelly G | Go Down Moses (Silk's Spiritual Anthem)
21_ Angel Moraes | Welcome To The Factory (Journey Mix)
22_ Kerri Chandler | Rain
23_ Kink | Tropic
24_ Theo Parrish | Soul Control

No comments:

Post a Comment